Membership & Events Coordinator
Friends of the Baton Rouge Zoo, a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the Baton Rouge Zoo, is seeking an experienced professional to manage the Membership & Events Department.
Responsible for all aspects of Friends of the Baton Rouge Zoo (FOZ) membership program including maintenance of the FOZ database, supervision of sales staff, membership mailings, and processing memberships. Facilitates planning, preparation and implementation of the Zoo's established signature events as well as researching potential new events. Creates and maintains on a daily basis the Zoo's social media presence including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Flickr.
- Responsible for new and renewed membership procurement and processing, including, but not limited to, assembling and mailing membership packets; reconciling applications with deposits, and making bank deposits
- Responsible for the input and maintenance of the membership database to ensuring data security and integrity
- Oversee direct mail campaign
- Develop and implement end-of-year gift appeal to members
- Train and supervise part-time membership sales staff
- Develops and recommends membership annual budget
- Works to resolve all FOZ membership inquiries with members and potential members
- Works with Marketing/Development and other departments to write newsletter, e-newsletter and all other membership materials, and maintain member's section of the Zoo's website
- Responsible for coordinating and overseeing Zoo events with staff, sponsors and vendors so events run smoothly ensuring maximum guest and sponsor satisfaction
- Strategically establish events calendar to maximize exposure and minimize competition with other attractions/venues
- Coordinate the production of materials for events including posters, banners, website postings and sponsor signage
- Prepare and distribute event information to all Zoo staff including maintenance requests, rental and vendor information/needs
- Conduct evaluations during and after events to determine guest satisfaction, fiscal success, and to build and maintain an event history
- Develops and recommends annual event budgets
- Create and maintain Zoo's social media presence, including daily maintenance of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Flickr
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing or communications preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in membership, marketing and/or sales
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including presentations and writing.
- Excellent problem-solving skills necessary.
FOZ offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and excellent benefits.
Please email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or mail to FOZ Membership & Events Coordinator Search, P. O. Box 60, Baker, LA 70704.