Guest Services Associate (listed as Ticket/Equipment - Zoo in BREC Human Resources Department)
$7.40/hr. Part-time position. Up to 29 hours as scheduled.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with sometimes stressful situations required.
- Ability to positively relate to guests and resolve problems efficiently required.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays required.
- Ability to provide excellent guest service by positively interacting with guests required.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with all Zoo team members and contacts regarding company business required.
- Ability to adhere to standard operating procedures including but not limited to safety protocols required.
- Possession of a valid Louisiana motor vehicle operator's license and a good driving record required.
- Ability to adhere to BREC's Baton Rouge Zoo drug-free workplace policy including but not limited to pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and follow-up treatment required
- Ability to work in indoor or outdoor conditions.
- Welcomes guests and provides excellent customer service.
- Operate POS system with accuracy and efficiency to collect revenue for admissions, ride sales and rentals.
- Sells Friends of the Zoo memberships.
- Reconcile daily revenue and prepares end of day reports.
- Ensure that admission/ride sales area is stocked with supplies that are needed to efficiently serve guests.
- Collects and counts Zoo vending.
- Hosts Zooper birthday parties-including set up and clean up of party room.
- Assists with set up and clean up of facility rentals.
- Establish and maintain a positive attitude and high morale with all staff.
- Requires knowledge of all stations and duties of all employees within assigned area.
- Assures that admissions equipment and guest entry plaza are properly maintained and cleaned as necessary.
- Constantly strives to further the mission of the organization and avidly supports BREC's Baton Rouge Zoo.
- Implements sustainable practices in daily tasks whenever possible.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Available in the Human Resources Department at 6201 Florida Blvd.