Before you go, you should know!
All groups must make a reservation to visit the Zoo. Your class will not be admitted without a reservation. A letter will be sent to the teacher confirming the date and providing additional information for your group's arrival.
- Available Monday-Friday; August-May
- Teachers and Chaperones: $2.75
- Students: $2.25
To qualify for School Admission Rates:
- Pre-school through grade 12
- Recognized school by the Louisiana Department of Education
- Reservation made at least 14 days prior to your visit
- Minimum of 15 paying individuals
- All admission fees for students, chaperones and teachers must be collected in advance by teachers and presented at the Admission Gate as one single payment. Please come with an accurate head count of students and chaperones.
- Payment must be made with cash, check, or Visa/MasterCard (sorry, vouchers and purchase orders are not accepted)
- 1 adult per 10 students (through grade 12)
- Show off your school colors and stay visible by wearing ADHESIVE name tags. Strings and pins may end up in animal enclosures.
- School groups are not allowed to bring food into the Zoo. Please plan to keep your students' lunches on your school bus while touring the Zoo.
- Food may be purchased from our Flamingo Café and souvenirs are available from the Safari Post gift shop. Ask the Zoo education department how to pre-order.
- The Zoo is very popular in spring. Fall and winter offer many unique viewing opportunities without the crowds.
- The Zoo remains open during inclement weather, so we do not offer refunds or rain-checks. Bring your umbrellas and ponchos for cloudy days!
- Let us be the teachers for the day! Sign your class up for an Ed-ZOO-cation Program. Each program meets benchmarks set forth by the Louisiana Science Framework.
Book Your Field Trip
Please click the link below to begin your reservation. A Zoo Educator will confirm your trip within one week upon receipt of your field trip request.
Submission of Field Trip Reservation Request Form does not guarantee a trip reservation. You must receive a confirmation from the Zoo's Education Department for your reservation to be complete.
To speak to a Zoo Educator, please call 225-775-3877 option 2.
Enhance Your Field Trip
Stop at our Flamingo Café for great lunch options.
- Meal deals available
- Call Flamingo Café at 225.775.3877 x218
- View a Field Trip Menu here
- Click here to place your Flamingo Café order
No Zoo visit is complete without a ride on the Cypress Bayou Railroad.
- $2.00 per person
- Note: The Zoo requires schools and groups to provide a separate check/payment from your admission payment for the train
Schedule an Ed-ZOO-cation Program
- Let us be the teacher for the day!
- Grade-level, specific lessons
- 45-minute programs during your field trip at the Zoo
- All programs meet Benchmark Statements set by the Louisiana Science Framework
- Click here to see themes or to book your program