The tax-deductible gift you give today provides resources that make an immediate impact on your Zoo, and the experience you have each time you walk through our gates. Because of your continuous support over the years, we have been able to add new programming, improve community events and expand our impact on international wildlife conservation efforts among so many other things. To better illustrate this, together we have:
- Contributed more than $150,000 to international conservation efforts for a wide variety of critically endangered species—from amphibians to African elephants.
- Created new education programs like “Project ARK: Animals Reaching Kids,” which is funded by the Rotary Club of Baton Rouge and is projected to reach more than 130 underserved 4th and 5th grade classrooms throughout East Baton Rouge Parish with zoo-related science curriculum they might not otherwise receive.
- Continued our Conservation Adventures programs offering once-in-a-lifetime trips to wild places, like Tanzania, Kenya, Costa Rica, and Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands. This program offers a unique opportunity for all interested community members to connect with both wildlife and conservation efforts across the globe.
- Supported community events such as ZooLights, Boo at the Zoo and Zippity Zoo Fest, providing more than 45,000 visitors annually with the opportunity to enjoy quality family time in a safe and natural environment.
- Provided funds to help conduct a major research and planning initiative that is currently evaluating the steps necessary for us to become the world-class Zoo the Baton Rouge region deserves.
Thank you for your continued support and for making YOUR Baton Rouge Zoo a priority when considering your charitable giving this year.