Guest Services Associate
The Guest Services Associate is responsible for selling tickets, counting, collecting and remitting cash, cleaning ticket office and gate area, including, sweeping, clearing trash, and other maintenance. There is constant direct exposure to the public.
Requirements and Job Specifications:
- Education Required: H.S. diploma or equivalent.
- License(s) Required: Valid LA driver's license.
- Years Relevant Work Experience: 1 year retail experience.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Sells tickets for admission and closes/balances the register.
- Sells Friends of the Zoo memberships.
- Ensures all maintenance of the front gate area including cleaning.
- Welcomes visitors and answers visitors' questions.
Other Job Specifications:
- Experience in retail sales & cash register operation; knowledge of POS operation
- Basic math skill
- Demonstrated ability to communicate positively & effectively with public
- Operation of Zoo train
This is a part-time position, whose hours are 29 hours maximum weekly. Frequent weekend work. An offer of employment is contingent on passing a pre-employment criminal background check, Motor Vehicle Records check, drug screen and physical. To apply, please visit www.brec.org.